Branded Member App Updates
This is an overview of all product updates of the Branded Member App.
Please note that including these features into your own app might require an update and republishing of your app to the App Stores. Some features might only be available as part of the "Advanced" or "Pro" versions.
Find more details: here
Users of connected trackers or Apple Health gained disproportionate amounts of activity points making for non-workout related activities, transmitted as "daily routines". This made comparing these points to points earned with dedicated exercise harder and as a consequence de-motivating for some users.
- If users previously followed the general recommendation of 10,000 steps a day, they achieved the activity level "Diamond" with their daily routine alone.
We adjusted the number of activity points received when reaching the WHO guidelines to equal the activity level “Gold” (The WHO guideline states a minimum of 150 min of moderate cardio training plus two weekly strength workouts).
- In turn, we reduced the number of activity points for users with a daily routine of 10,000 steps to achieve the activity level "Bronze", very close to achieving "Silver" (If these users add two weekly strength workouts they will achieve "Gold").
Some users received the same activities from Apple Health and from their connected tracker if they connected their tracker to Apple Health and EGYM at the same time.
We added an info screen if users are already connected to apple health and want to connect another tracker to EGYM. This screen explains to the user that it could result in double tracking of activities and that they should just connect their tracker once to either Apple health or to EGYM directly.
- Members were confused about users in incognito mode showing up in the gym ranking (those are members who keep their profile "private")
- It was not clear for some members that the ranking is calculated on a calendar month basis and that points are reset to 0 at the beginning of every month.
- Only members who set their profile to "public" can access the ranking and are shown in the ranking.
- To make the rules and logic of the monthly ranking more clear we made some UI improvements
- We’ve added a celebration screen at the end of every month.
- Members did not know if and when conducted measurements were transmitted to the app and when the BioAge was updated
- Members were confused about which values are shown in the bubbles on the BioAge Overview Screen because the value was not indicated next to the bubble
- Members were missing a trend icon on the most detailed strength values
- Always see when the BioAge was last updated
- The unit of the value is now shown directly next to the bubbles/value
- Added a trend icon to the max strength measurements
Trainers experienced that some members are shown a different value for the BioAge than trainers in the apps.
The reason for different values can be differences in the profile data between Branded Member App and EGYM Trainer App which we need to partially keep separated for privacy reasons.
Two improvements that we implemented
- Sync data when possible, e.g. at the member creation
- Prompt to set date of birth and gender in the Branded Member App and EGYM Trainer App, which are crucial for the correct BioAge calculation, and a difference here will lead to different values displayed
- Users did not easily find Muscle Imbalances
- To members used to the previous “eGym Fitness App”, the analysis looked differently and showed fewer details: balanced or imbalanced, versus by how much they need to improve to be balanced
- For easier access:
a) We re-named the feature to fitness "Analysis" where users from our testing expected to find the Muscle Imbalances
b) Added a visual tag on the strength category at the overview screen that indicates Muscle Imbalances for the upper body, the lower body, or the core
c) Show Muscle Balances directly after clicking on "Muscle Health"
- The Muscle Imbalances now show a greater level of detail with a bar which tells the user exactly how far they are from the recommended “green zone”
- Members could not see the comments a trainer left per exercise via the EGYM Trainer App.
- Members did not realize if a trainer created or updated a training program for them, because they were not shown at the front of the workouts section.
- Trainer comments are now synced to the Branded Member App and can be accessed by clicking on the image of the training plan.
- New and updated Trainer templates are shown in the front of the workout screen and are labeled with "new" and "from your trainer".